Sunday, January 15, 2012

Infant Pottytime

Ever since the day Hollis's Aunt Nena left on December 27th, Hollis has been pooping on his little pink potty.  Sure we caught pees every now and then, but catching his first poo was one of the most rewarding mommy experiences.   I thought when I started this whole infant pottying it would be such a pain.  I wondered if I would be a slave to the pink potty.  I learned pretty quickly his elimination schedule.  He peed first thing upon waking and then usually 10-20 minutes after a feeding and then randomly after that.  But the pooping, at this time Hollis only delivers a number 2 every 5 days with occasional unpredictable poos in between.  Well like I said shortly after Nena left Hollis pooped on the potty.  I was very surprised and continued to be surprised with each poop we caught.  I only used the potty once or twice a day and it was becoming very rewarding.  I am not very committal so I don't plan to hold Hollis diaper free all day, but I listen to his cues and it is all intuitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment