Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

The other day we went to a friends house and they were making cookies.  The kids were making cookies.  Hollis jumped right in and helped with mixing and putting the drop cookies on a sheet.  I could tell that he was really engaged and that he liked being a part of the process.  I wondered why I haven't done this at home.





The next day was a Co-op day for me, which means I had all three kids with me.  It was the day before Valentine's day so I decided we would make cookies and valentines together to take home.  Maybe not too surprising but Hollis had more difficult time with me.  He just kept eating the sugar, the sugar-peanut butter mixture, the sugar-peanut butter-flour mixture and so on.  I tried to be cool as the mamma I watched the day before, and I think I did okay.  I sort of rushed the whole experience as to keep the kids from eating all of the chocolate chips.  But they did a lot of work, and it was great to give them the baking experience.

The cookies turned out great - although there is not much chocolate chips in them!   Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment