Wednesday, July 15, 2015

9 months have passed

It is hard to believe that 9 months have passed since my last blog.  So much has happened.  All of it as wonderful and amazing as it is watch a little baby turn into a little boy and then a little man.  Right now out of the corner of my eye I can see a naked Hollis playing with his father's transformers from the early eighties.  He just said to me " Look mom, I got none wenis."  And he showed me how he can hide his privates.

I am constantly amazed by his generosity, his open heart, his ability to connect with others. But he is cautious too.  He just starting to really explore the world of social interaction, of care giving, of friendship. 

Hollis thinks his father is the biggest, tallest, strongest man in the world.  He truly believes that his father can do anything, bigger and better than any other human.  He thinks his momma is the best momma in all the world and he promises, almost weekly, that he will still kiss her and take baths with her even when he is "eighty-eleven" and I know he means it.  He loves his brother too, although his brother mostly bullies him - he always see the bright side of things.  

He remembers.  He remembers everything.  And we will talk about his life and the womb time and again, but mostly he wants to talk about the time when he was a baby.  Crawling on the ground and drinking milkies.  To him - those were the good old days.


No comments:

Post a Comment